Del Monte is one of the leading marketers of fresh pineapples worldwide and the number one marketer of branded melons in the United States and the United Kingdom. They are believed to be also the third largest marketer of bananas in the world. Del Monte facts:
- They grow their produce responsibly, with an emphasis on preserving the environment.
- They employ approximately 20,000 people year round, throughout the world.
- Their products come from 14 countries in North and South America, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
- The Del Monte® brand name has been in use since 1892.
Del Monte Fresh Produce introduced Oracle Supply Chain and Oracle Financials and required expert external support from iTrain to train their Distribution and Finance team in running the new application.
Del Monte rolled out a phased approach to the implementation of Oracle Supply Chain. iTrain developed training based around the individual work processes that were carried out by the client, rather than a more traditional approach of training based around each individual module.
This process based training enabled each employee to see how the new system would benefit their individual work context along with the company as a whole. We also implemented our Stratus e-Learning system to allow trainees’ access to interactive modules and workbooks specific to their roles. This blended learning solution also allowed Managers to received detailed learning and development progress reports with monitoring and sign off at the completion of required stages.
The project required a considerable range of complex logistical and technical solutions with training tailored to meet the unique business needs of Del Monte at sites throughout the UK.
- Integration of Oracle Supply Chain into Financials
- Improved competency of staff with measurable learning and development reports
- Blended bespoke training incorporating classroom and Stratus eLearning delivery
- Cost saving solutions across the whole supply chain